I am a local State Farm Insurance Agent Intern opening an agency in Oxford, ME on January 1st, 2020. I am looking to hire an outgoing and customer-focused individual who enjoys working with the public. Do you aspire to some day run your own business, be a risk advisor looked to in your community, and lead a team? As part of my successful team, I will assist in developing your business leadership skills, industry and State Farm business acumen, as well as sales and marketing experience. This development and mentoring can lead you in the right direction to better prepare you for a potential career as a State Farm agent. As part of this opportunity, you will learn from an experienced agent, see what it's like to run a business and help grow an agency.
• Develop leads, schedule appointments, identify customer needs, and market appropriate products and services.
• Work with the agent to establish and meet marketing and sales goals.
• Use a customer-focused, needs-based review process to educate customers about insurance options.
• Adaption of skills necessary to operate a business.
As an Agent Team Member, you will receive...
• Salary plus commission/bonus
• Paid time off (vacation and personal/sick days)
• Stipend for life insurance
• Stipend for short term disability insurance
• Company paid cell phone (after 6 months)
• Valuable experience
• Growth potential/Opportunity for advancement in my office
• Bonuses for meeting sales goals
Compensation: Base Salary plus uncapped commission.
• Sales experience (outside sales or inside sales representative, retail sales associate, or telemarketing) preferred but not required
• Successful track record of meeting sales goals/quotas preferred
• Interest in marketing products and services based on customer needs
• Proactive in problem solving
• Ability to make presentations to potential customers
• Achieve mutually agreed upon marketing goals
• Property and Casualty license (must be able to obtain prior to starting)
• Life and Health license (must be able to obtain prior to or after starting)
• Courses on ethical and customer centered sales practices will be required
• High School Diploma
• Ability to pass a background check
My Training Program Includes
• Learning to market property/casualty, life, health and bank products
• Setting sales and growth goals
• Working closely with the agent to gain an understanding of the agent’s role and office logistics
• Learning how to network effectively
If you are motivated to succeed and can see yourself in this role, please complete our application. We will follow up with you on the next steps in the interview process.
State Farm agents are independent contractors who hire their own employees. State Farm agents’ employees are not employees of State Farm Insurance Companies. This position is with a State Farm independent contractor agent, not with State Farm Insurance Companies. State Farm agents control which licensing requirements and training programs are offered or must be successfully completed by their employees. By accepting employment with a State Farm agent and/or successfully completing any licensing or training programs required by a State Farm agent, you are not guaranteed, promised or given any form of selection preference, should you choose to leave the agent’s employment and pursue the opportunity of becoming an independent contractor agent for State Farm Insurance Companies. If you choose to pursue an agency opportunity, you will need to apply and go through the regular State Farm Insurance Companies’ agent selection process
State Farm agents are independent contractors who hire their own employees. State Farm agents’ employees are not employees of State Farm. Agents are responsible for and make all employment decisions regarding their employees.