Proudly serving Buckfield, Harrison, Hartford, Hebron, Mechanic Falls, Norway, Otisfield, Oxford, Paris, Poland, Sumner, Waterford, & West Paris
Foothills Food Festival
Western Maine’s Local Foods Movement
Farmers’ Market, Food Vendors, Free Workshops,
Community Resources, Beer Garden, Live Music, Art, Kid Area
Enjoy a harvest bounty, and learn about how this agricultural revival is building healthier communities with stronger economies while nurturing our natural environment. The Festival will showcase the food and agricultural renaissance in the foothills of Western Maine.
Organized by Community Food Matters, the local Community Food Council, a project of the Center for an Ecology-Based Economy
The Festival will bring a wide range of food producers and vendors, food access, education and community programs. Music and art will also fill the sidewalks and parks of Downtown Norway.
The Festival will welcome:
• Local farms featuring veggies, fruits, dairy, meats, wild edibles, honey and maple syrup
• Local processors, featuring baked goods, cheese, ice cream, specialty foods and snacks, beverages and local brews
• Local outlets, featuring farmers’ markets, farm stands and CSAs, restaurants, Fare Share Co-op, specialty stores, institutional cafeterias
• Food access and nutrition, featuring community and school gardens, food pantries and summer, meal sites, gleaning and
• FoodCorp, SNAP and WIC programs
• Education and support featuring Local Food Councils, Farm to School, 4-H and the Cooperative Extension, the local USDA office, nutrition education, the Maine Food Atlas, and culinary arts
• Food supplies and waste, featuring seed sources and compost operations
These groups will have displays with information and samples. A beer garden will feature local and regional brews. Educational sessions, book signings, and food art projects will add to the event.