9th Annual Festival of Trees
Dates to Remember
Monday, November 25; Tuesday, November 26; and Wednesday November 27 - tree set-up days. Times to be determined.
Friday, November 29 – Open to the Public 9am-6pm
Saturday, November 30 - Open to the Public 9am- 7pm with Santa and Mrs. Claus coming immediately following parade.
Sunday, December 1 - Tree Pick Up 10am--- 5pm
- There is no admission fee for this event
littering lights, magical displays, fantastic sounds of the holiday…this is what you can expect at the Oxford Hills Chamber of Commerce 9th
Annual Festival of Trees event to be held November 29-30. The Chamber is currently accepting registrations from local businesses, organizations, groups and individuals to have the opportunity to submit their own decorated tree to create a winter wonderland in the Oxford Hills.
You will become part of a magical community event by donating a decorated, artificial, holiday tree to the Festival of Trees. Your beautiful tree, along with your name, will be displayed throughout the event and viewed by the public. Raffle tickets will be sold and each amazing tree will find a new home at the end of the Festival. Up to 20 % of the proceeds will be donated to local charities.
Tree donors may include businesses, civic and social organizations, schools, hospitals and individuals.
Helpful Hints for Planning Your Tree!
- Decorate the tree to reflect your interests, your business, or a holiday theme. The only cost to you is your donation of a tree, lights and decorations.
- Incorporate your products or services into your theme and gain maximum exposure to many visitors.
- Take advantage of this opportunity to enhance your company's visibility and image.
- Artificial trees only ranging from 4 feet to 8 feet high.
- Must have a tree skirt, lights, a sturdy tree stand, and a new extension cord that meets standard electrical codes.
- Please do not glue anything onto the tree.
- Edible items, spray adhesives, loose glitter, confetti or artificial snow are prohibited.
- Gift Certificates & Tickets: Please place “ghost” certificates/tickets on the tree. Give originals to staff on the day of set up.
- Increase the selling appeal and value of your tree by placing special objects or gifts under it. All items on and around the tree will be given to the winner of your tree. Do not include any items you would like returned.
- Please display a list of wrapped items that will be included with your tree.
- Empty boxes decorated as Christmas gifts and placed under the tree must be labeled “For Display Purposes Only” on the package.
- Please keep in mind that trees may be viewed from all sides.
- Do not use an ornament that is too heavy for the top of the tree.
- Please leave all packaging supplies for winners to be able to store and transport their tree. Each box should be labeled with the tree sponsor’s name and turned in to the check in table on decorating day.
- All trees must be ready for display by 9am on Friday, November 29, so that the Festival workers can arrange the trees to achieve the best possible display.
- oxford Hills chamber of commerce can Not be responsible for any lost or stolen items.